How To Care For Your New Pottery
So you've just purchased a new piece of pottery - yay! Congratulations and thank you for supporting our local potters. While we do not offer a warranty, pottery is very durable and meant to be enjoyed. Ensure to follow the below care instructions to increase the longevity of your pottery pieces.
USE IT, LOVE IT
Pieces sold on The Northern Kiln will be marked with the applicable symbols if they are food/dishwasher/microwave/oven safe. If they do not bear these symbols, do not use for food/dishwasher/microwave/oven.
- Pre-heat your pottery mug/ceramic plates by running under hot tap water before filling/plating with hot liquids/food.
- When baking and/or cooking with handmade pottery, the piece must be brought up to temperature slowly to prevent cracking. Place your pottery in a cold oven so that the pot warms with the oven. Do not place in a pre-heated oven.
- Do not transfer from the fridge to your oven/microwave. The pottery must first come to room temperature.
- Ensure the entire surface area of the dish is covered with food/liquid when using your pottery in the microwave or oven.
- Do not place pottery on a hot burner or use under the broiler.
- Do not use handmade pottery to heat up frozen food (applies to oven and microwave).
If you have any questions about caring for your handmade Canadian pottery, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com